You always want to be sure that the water and sewer systems at your New Hope home are in good shape. They are what carry your family’s waste out of your home and into your septic tank or into a public sewage system, so it is safe to say these systems are an incredibly crucial part of your home. If you suspect your home’s sewer system is in need of some work, there are some telltale signs you can watch out for.
- Take a look at the toilets in your home. Keep an eye on the water levels. If the levels are suddenly too high or too low, or they seem to change throughout the day even when no one has flushed them, you should get your water and sewer systems looked at.
- If you use a water-using appliance and your toilets or drains start to gurgle, this is another indication that you should call us for sewer repairs.
- Are the other drains in your home backed up for no apparent reason? Or maybe they are all draining much slower than usual? If the answer is yes to either of these, then you should call us for help with your water and sewer systems. This is generally one of the best indications there is a problem.
- Another sign of a problem with your water and sewer systems is if you are noticing a strange new odor in your home. This smell could permeate your home or the outside areas immediately surrounding your house.
- Go to your basement or the lowest level of your home and take a look at the drains there. If you are seeing any signs of water build up or stains, call us because this is yet another indication that your water and sewer systems are in need of some work.
- Then take a walk around the perimeter of your home: both outside and inside. If you see any water stains or other signs of water damage, again, this is a good time to call us for help with your water and sewer systems.
- Finally, if you are noticing an increase in mice and other rodents in and around your home, call us for help. A broken sewer line can sometimes attract these critters to your house.
Do you need help with water and sewer systems in New Hope? Call Gene’s Water & Sewer at 612-781-3737, or you can contact us to get a Free Estimate.